Monday, November 3, 2008

Silly Ear

This past Wednesday night Bubba was falling asleep and told me that his ear felt silly. So, being the wonder mommy that I am I told him to go to sleep and it would feel better when he woke up. He woke up once and told me it was feeling silly again but went back to sleep so I figured it was water in his ear.
When he woke up Thursday once again his ear was still silly so after I sent him off to school with a note about said silly ear I made a Dr's appointment. When Buuba came home and found out that he was going to the Dr he said it was all better lol, but did not melt when I told him we were going anyway so I crossed my fingers for an event free appointment.
So we show up at the Dr's office and wait our turn in the lobby where we were able to practice for trick or treating that night (yes our town changed t.o.t night to Thurs. Don't get me started) with the witch that is walking around passing out candy. Finally Bubba is called back and it's show time. He HATES having his ears and mouth looked at. She looked in his ears first and decided to take the crazy I mean smart route and clean out his ear so she can see better. Three people and lots of screaming later we held him down long enough to learn that he did in fact have an ear infection.
So I am going to spend what is left of the 10 days mixing medicine into his sippy cup and trying to hide the taste, praying that he does not taste it and throw up everything in his stomach in the process. So far so good.

No comments: