Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I DID IT!!!!!

I voted for the first time EVER!!! I am so proud. I finally have the right to complain about who is or isn't in office and how their decisions are affecting my life, or at least how I think they are affecting me lol.

So I will paint you the picture.
"Prepare to wait in long lines as record numbers turn out today to vote" local news reporters are telling me. So, I decided to get brave and go with one child in tow, Monkey is pretty good especially in large crowds where her shyness tends to kick in. Well, that is until some stranger talks to her then she has to tell the all about Bubba going to school on the bus lol, guess it could be worse.

I decided that I would check out the parking lot and see if I could judge the masses inside, from the outside it looked like a smooth process. No one was camped outside and there were actually cars leaving the parking lot with people wearing their I voted sticker, so I braved my way in, snacks in pocket to subdue Monkey should too many strangers talk to her.

We walk in and to my shock there were about 5 people in line waiting for one of the 5 booths. So I tell them my name, prove who I am with my ID, and get my glorious card to slide into some mysterous slot to be found later. Only one stranger decided to be brave enough to talk to the toddler attatched to my leg so the wait was rather smooth, then it was MY TURN!

I swear I could hear some sort of presidential music playing as I walked up to the machine and read the instructions. Then to my suprise fireworks began firing when I slid in the card to activate the machine and pressed the button to get going. Then it all came to a screeching halt. I KNEW who I wanted to vote for for president, but for all the other foreign names that were on my screen I was frozen. So, I did what any good human would do, I first went by the party that matched who I voted for president and if that was not an option, I went with the best sounding name. I know I know not the best way to do things, but it got me through the process. I was sad when there was no cheering crowd when I was done, but am proud to say that survived. I am also proud to be able to say that I VOTED!

No comments: