Thursday, November 20, 2008

My Favorite Room

This week over at An Iowa Mom she is asking all of her reader to tell her a little about ourselves. Today we are supposed to blog about our favorite room and post a pic.

My favorite room of the moment is the dining room, quite simply because of this brick wall. We moved into this townhouse in September from an apartment in the same complex. It was pretty much sight unseen so the first day that I came in and saw it I was in love instantly. Not with the whole place mind you but with this wall. I just love the look of it. Kinda makes decorating hard, but we were lucky that previous tennants had some screws in there already so we just kinda hung stuff where there was a spot.


My other favorite that I have to mention is my penguin collection. When I was pregnant with Bubba, I had a dream that I was at an aquarium and a penguin got loose. We were inside a building and people were chasing this poor penguin to no avail. As we were walking down a hall, the lost penguin ran up to me and jumped into my arms. Reluctantly I gave him over to the proper officials, but as a reward I got to go meet the killer whale, another of my faves. So, after Bubba was born, I began collecting penguins. I am suprised at how many penguins I come across, even from years ago. I am quickly outgrowing this little shelf and am going to have upgrade.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow ... that wall is very unique. I like it too.

I don't know where you live ... but is feels very urban to me.

Awesome. Thanks for playing along. Ya know ... because you HAD TO!